USA Map - Educational Kids Placemat - Laminated and Washable
- DESIGNED BY TEACHERS: Our designs are thoughtfully thought from the ground up thinking always on trying to provide the most effective way to teach our children
- ANTI SLIP BACK: We have kids and we know how important this is! Tired of cleaning food of the floor after they push the placemat off the table? Well, we fixed that. Youre welcome ;)
- GOOD KARMA: Your purchase helps others since we invest a percentage of sales on micro loans to help give underprivileged and marginalized students the opportunity to attend a vocational training program, university or other higher education institution
- BPA FREE, EASY TO CLEAN, DURABLE AND REUSABLE: Wipe clean with a damp cloth. High quality polymer with UV color printing makes our products last longer than our competition
- AMAZING LEARNING TOOL: Our placemats also make a great learning resource or poster. Related terms: laminated, kindergarten, preschool, school, classroom, toddler, kids gift or presents
Get your child acquainted with the United States of American with merkas excellent product: World Map - Educational Kids Placemat - Non Slip Washable. The graphics listed on these placemats will engrain the fun and informational images of different U.S. states in the mind of your learning little one for fast recall in the future!
While parents know reading, writing, and arithmetic are essential building blocks for all future education, many don't think about geography. Geography is often included in school curriculum as an afterthought in social studies classes. There are reasons to consider geography as a subject worthy of a bit more attention than that. Geography helps students understand history and current events. We all live in a world bound by space and time. Students should understand where they are, literally, in the world and in their own country. The study of maps is a wonderful tool for understanding how geography affects people. For example, geography helps explain why the Native Americans of the plains lived in homes quite different from those of the eastern woodlands or the Pacific northwest. Geography enhances the study of science and mathematics. Map reading skills include concepts such as distance and scale. Ratios in math class make more sense when they can be related to the scale on a map. Numbers come to life when students understand those numbers can represent population, distance above sea level, or distance from coast to coast. Earth science is also easier for the student who understands geography. Geography offers the where and the science fills in the what and why Oceans, deserts, and mountain ranges should be studied as geographical as well as scientific subjects. Geography is best taught visually. There is no substitute for good maps in the teaching of geography. Online tools are available as well as maps and globes in sizes to suit large classrooms or small desks as home. Consider using fun and educational placemats at home to spark some dinnertime conversation. Merka offers the World and USA map placemats in colorful and washable anti slide material, designed by teachers. Give your children the gift of geography. Help them understand their place in the world a physically as well as figuratively!